Thursday, June 18, 2009

Negative Vibrance


Today, I was reading a PopPhoto.com feature titled: "3 Ways to use Vibrance" (here is the link). I always try to stay current with the new trends and reading these short articles and/or photo tips helps me keep up with everything that is going on in the world of photography.
This particular article reinforced my knowledge about the Vibrance adjustment. I also enjoyed reading about the last tip: decreasing the Vibrance to obtain a different look. I have used this technique in the past and really like the result. First, I perform some minor adjustment to my image (exposure, white balance, contrast, etc.). Then, I use the Vibrance slider in either Aperture or Photoshop CS4 and I slide it to the left (going into the negative). Finally, I add a vignette around the image and voila! See for yourself:



No comments:

Post a Comment