Saturday, April 3, 2010

Pet Photography: Rocky and Catie

Dogs have always been a part of our family. When I was a kid myself, I had many dogs. And then when Allan and I moved to California, we bought a Female Golden Retriever to keep Allan company while I stayed in Montreal to finish my internships. This is also when we bought our first camera! Back then I used to take tons of pictures of our dogs... we didn't have any kids yet! And then, the kids came along and became my favorite subjects to photograph! I also stopped taking photos of the dogs because I wasn't happy with the results anymore. Having learned to appreciate a good photograph (good composition, lighting, etc...), I didn't like my candid photos of the dogs anymore.
But last week end, after finishing my photo shoot with the kids, I decided to try and capture our two dogs, Catie and Rocky. With the help of my daughter Christina and lots of dog treats, I managed to get some pretty good shots.


Catie is an old girl (12 years old) and is very sweet and calm.
The problem is, she just wants to lay down, close her eyes and go to sleep.
She is mostly serious and often looks sad.
But the Catie that we know is very happy, often "frisky" and loves to get a good pet!






Rocky is 5 years old, and easily excited!
He loves to play fetch and hide and seek with the boys but also enjoys just snuggling up with the kids while they are watching tv.
He was so excited to get all those treats and had a hard time staying still for the photos.
But Christina managed to keep him attentive while I shot these.





To see more photos of Rocky and Catie, visit my website: www.nathalieseguinphotography.com

No comments:

Post a Comment